A cost-effective and nutritious recipe for all the family
Recipe Source: Jade Ould @ Margot's Mini Meals
- 1 can of potatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/4 diced broccoli (steamed in microwave)
- 1 cup peas
- Large handful cherry tomatos
- 6/7 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pepper to taste
1. Slice the potatoes and thinly slice all the veggies
2. Over medium heat, sweat the onions and all other veggies until soft
3. Meanwhile whisk the eggs with the onion & garlic. Add the potatoes and paprika, mixing well
4. Pour over the egg mixture, whilst still over the heat and move around the pan. Once it starts to stick slightly to the bottom, place under the grill for around 6 - 8 mins. Frittata should be set once you bring it out from the grill
Slice and serve!
About Margot's Mini Meals
Margot was born 6 weeks prematurely and in the early months of her life this really did show! I was so eager to start weaning and she wasn’t showing any of the signs until 7.5 months! At the time, it was agony, looking back really doesn’t seem all that bad. I spent hours / days / weeks researching, reading recipes, learning different approaches, the pros / cons of Baby Led Weaning and that’s how I found my way to social media. I loved to follow other people journeys and watch how their little bundle of joy reacted to the food. I started to document our own weaning journey and it was such a creative outlet whilst on maternity leave and I loved sharing with others.
Now a year on, we are still sharing and I get such a heartwarming feeling being able to help that one Mumma who’s stuck in a rut or out of ideas and each and every message I get is cherished! We all need a little help along the way! It really does take a village after all….
Jade & Margot XOXO
This recipe includes eggs which are an allergen. Please ensure you have tested baby's potential allergic reactions to egg (and other allergens) prior to serving allergen based recipes.
For more baby food support and weaning recipes, click here